Australian weightlifting coach and administrator Paul Coffa has been inducted into the International Weightlifting Federation’s Hall of Fame
Coffa was inducted at a Special Congress of the International Weightlifting Federation held in Bogota Colombia this week.
He is the first person ever to be inducted to the IWF Hall of Fame for outstanding achievement in the field of coaching and his record is truly remarkable.
In a career spanning 57 years, Paul Coffa has
- coached 540 international level athletes
- coached at 10 Olympic Games
- coached at 12 Commonwealth Games
- coached 104 Commonwealth Games Medals: 39 gold, 38 silver and 27 bronze
- coached 1 Olympic Gold Medal and 1 Olympic Silver Medal
- coached 3 Gold, 11 Silver and 10 Bronze Medals at World Championships
A statement said, membership of the IWF Hall of Fame is a fitting tribute to Coffa’s contribution to the sport of Weightlifting.
Coffa has been involved in weightlifting for more than 50 years as lifter, coach and administrator.
He is general secretary of both the Oceania Weightlifting Federation and the Commonwealth Weightlifting Federation.